Friday, July 23, 2010

Dad and Me making humus



First we drain a can of chick peas.
Then we pour them into the blender and turn it on to cut them up.
We put in three tablespoons of tahini (sesame seed paste).
We put in a quarter of a cup of lemon juice.
We put in three cloves of garlic (because we really like it garlicy).
We like it spicey so we put in a pinch of cayene pepper.
Then we blend it so its like paste.
While its mixing we slowly pour in a quarter of a cup of sunflower oil until its smooth enough for us
finally we eat it
YUM!!!!!!

By Olivia and Dad

3 comments:

  1. hi Olivia, what a great picture, and that recipe is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having chicken and rice tonight and made you hummus to go with it. It was super yummy. I like a lot of spice so I added 2 pinches of cayenne. Mmmmm.Thanks for posting this and giving me the good idea !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea to make your own humus!!
    I will hopefully be able to try it! plus I love the tongue poking out thing you have going there! its very stylee!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive