Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Rugby League Game



On Saturday my team, named the Ponsonby Ponies, versed Marist Gold. Marist Gold is the hardest team ever. In the first half, Marist kicked off to Ponsonby. My friend named Boston caught the ball. He ran and got tackled then he got up and replayed the ball. Then my big strong, Kobe had his run. He stepped and ran. He jumped and scored. Our team went WILD. Marist tapped the ball. I ran up and tackled the biggest boy in Marist. I grabbed his arm and tripped him up.

In the first half the score was 20 - 0. In the second half my friend named Zen kicked the ball of to Marist. A Marist player ran and then I ran up and tackled him. They replayed the ball I ran up and spear tackled him. He got injured then it became a turn over. It was my run. I ran to the midle then stepped him then I RAN STRAIGHT AND JUMPED AND LANDED. I SCORED! Then we noticed we were in the lead, 25-10. PREEEEEEEP!!! The referee blew his whistle. They kicked the ball to us and we won, 45-25. It was a great win.

By Ethan

4 comments:

  1. Wow Ethan

    What an exciting game. It sounds really scary being tackled - you must be very brave. Keep running straight, jumping, landing and scoring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great game to have watched. How did you go this weekend? Did you get to play or was the field closed because of the rain? I hope the player you speared tackled was ok, you sound very scary to play against!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ethan,
    I like your picture of you at a rugby league game because you have a nice background and it looks interesting.
    I also like your story because it has lots of detail and it made me excited to read it.
    From Toby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ethan, what a high scoring game. It must have been action packed, I like the way you retold some of the exciting moments in your recount. You must be a strong tackler. Look out Warriors!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive