Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Interesting facts about cows

Hi I am Erika and I did 5 facts about cows for Chapter Chat for the book we're reading called, The Terrible Two. 

The first one is that cows are social animals and also they are form large herds.
I was really proud of that first line because I had to put two facts together and made one.

Now the 2nd, well cows are actually colourblind to red and green. I know right, crazy! I wonder if they know grass isn't black? 
I was really surprised about that when I read that.

Number 3 is just amazing: a cows heart beats 60 - 70 beats per minute.
It is nuts! A person's heart only beats 40 -45, sometimes 55 for athletes.

Number 4 is a wow. An average cow can hear lower & higher noises better than people.
I had no idea that cows can hear better than people!

Now for the big one ...5! An average dairy cow weighs about 1,200 pounds!
I had no idea that an average cow weighs about 1,200 pounds until I read about it on the chrome book!

Which fact did you find surprising?
By Erika






1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading all your facts about cows and the colourful presentation.
    from Toni

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive